- 1/2 C Shortening
- 1/4 C Salted Butter – softened
- 1 C Brown Sugar – Packed
- 1/4 C Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- 2 C All Purpose Flour
- 3 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 C Chopped Pecans – Toasted
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F
- In a medium and separate bowl mix your dry ingredients together: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. This mixture will be added to main bowl later.
- In your stand mixer, mix shortening and butter, add brown sugar and mix on medium speed until you get a creamy smooth texture.
- Add egg. Mix. Add corn syrup and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Add your dry ingredients bowl to this main mixing bowl. I like to add this 1/3 at a time so flour doesn’t fly everywhere. Mix until a soft dough forms then stop.
- Add your pecans and stir together until pecans are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. I always line my baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- This recipe yielded 30 cookies for me 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe. My husband described these cookies as not just good but FANTASTIC.
I hope you think the same ❤