This meal is super good and super easy. No, you do not need a wok to create this meal. However, if you have one it is worth bringing it out because it is super fun to use and easy to clean!
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Canola oil
- Toasted Sesame Oil (Regular Sesame Oil is fine)
- Teriyaki Marinade/Sauce
- 1/4 C Honey
- Corn Starch
- 2 C Chopped Cabbage
- 2-3 C Precooked Rice.
- Heat the canola oil in your pan. When pan is hot add and cook down your onions for 3 minutes, next add minced garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until onions become translucent.
- While the onion mix is cooking, add a tablespoon of corn starch w/ water in a small container. Mix and set aside.
- Add 8 drops of Toasted Sesame Oil to your onions and garlic (Less or More to taste, Sesame Oil is a strong flavor)
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Teriyaki Marinade.
- Add 4 teaspoons of corn starch mixture, 1 teaspoon at a time. Cornstarch is a thickening agent, so use to your own disgression how thick you want your sauce to be. The cabbage is going to add moisture to your dish so don’t worry if it is a little bit thicker than you want. Remember to stir your mixture diligently.
- Stir in honey.
- Add cabbage. Cook down cabbage. Once cabbage is soft, add the rice. Stir and fry.
This rice dish pairs really well with Marinated and Grilled Teriyaki Chicken!
Let me know if you try this recipe out and I would love to hear what you think! ❤