This bread is so dang good! You can easily drizzle icing over this and take this to the next level! I ln November I was cutting down my sugar intake so I opted out and I have to say this bread is so good I would dare you to try this just as is 🙂
**Note: Recipe Makes 2 Loaves**
- 1 Package Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 C butter, Melted
- 1 Cup raisins
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs Cinnamon
- 2/3 C toasted Walnuts, Chopped
- Dissolve yeast in the 1 cup warm water.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, granulated sugar and salt.
- In a small bowl mix 6 tablespoons of the butter with the eggs.
- Add the butter, eggs and yeast to the large bowl with dry ingredients. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Add raisins to dough. Knead by mixer or by hand for at least 5 minutes and the dough becomes smooth. You want the raisins to be evenly distributed.
- Place the dough in a large bowl. (It is a good idea to spray bowl with some cooking butter and roll once so the dough or bowl is coated in butter. That way the bread can rise easily and not stick to the sides of the bowl.) Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until dough has doubled in size.
- In a bowl combine the cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Toast and chop your walnuts.
- Turn your dough onto lightly floured surface and punch down the dough. Divide in half and then roll each half into a rectangle that is approximately 7” X 12”.
- Brush the remaining butter all over the rectangle and then sprinkle your cinnamon and brown sugar mixture. Next add your walnuts.
- Starting at a short edge roll up each rectangle like you would a cinnamon roll. Punch seams to seal.
- Place loaves seam side down in 2 greased bread pans. Cover and let rise 1 hour or until almost doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from bread pans and let the bread cool completely on a wire rack.
What do you think? Not much different than a sticky bun is it? We loved this bread and I found I enjoyed snacking on this with my afternoon coffee as well as having this for breakfast. This is also soooo good with a spread like you would put on a bagel. Oh my goodness! Let me know if you try this and tell me what you think ♥️