This is an easy no bake recipe that is fun and engaging for kids to make with adults. My kids absolutely loves these, they have a sweet flavor to them with a bunch of orange. I find this dessert to be a real palette cleanser, so I highly recommend this dessert be added to your Christmas baking list to break through the continuous cinnamon and sugar flavors that I love but we sometimes constantly and solely bake with.
- 1/2 bag or 6 ounces of Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag or 6 ounces or 1 cup of butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest or zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package of vanilla wafers (11 ounces) finely crushed.
- Additional 1/2 cup powdered sugar reserved in a bowl for rolling the truffles in at the last step.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together in increments of 30 seconds, stirring between each 30 second interval until smooth and melted.
- Stir in rest of ingredients.
- Shape into small 1 inch size balls.
- Roll in your powdered sugar to finish.
- Store in air-tight container in refrigerator.
- Makes approximately 5 dozen.