- Oil, bacon fat, butter – your fats and oils are yours to choose… I used a combination of all 3
- 1 -2 Chopped Onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh Spinach, chopped
- Package of Cream Cheese, cut into cubes for ease later
- 1/8 – 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper or Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Grilled Chicken.
- What I did here is I grilled 2 chicken breasts that had blackened cajun seasoning. Then chopped it right before adding it to the dish.
- Sauté your onions and garlic in oil or bacon fat.
- Add spinach, add more fat or oil if need to and cook down a bit.
- Dump in your flour and stir and cook for 1-2 minutes to cook off flour flavor.
- Add cream cheese cubes, stir and mix everything together until fully combined.
- Add a little bit of cream at a time while mixing everything together, once the cream has absorbed add a little bit more. Next add your milk a little bit at a time until your gravy has become as thick as you want.
- Next add your grilled chicken. If you just grilled chicken, add the juices that ran onto the holding plate, use all that flavor for an even better tasting gravy
Serve over rice, biscuits, pasta, or more vegetables. This would be delicious over roasted potatoes.
Have you made something like this before? We love this type of food at my house. Doesn’t need to be Fall. Every day is a good day for gravy at our house 😉