Need I say more than the title? Or maybe I should say the title is exactly what this dish is. No click bait. I swear. It tastes that good.
I hope you guys try this recipe. It is amazing. I would like to add that my husband and I like to add Texas Pete to ours and serve in bowls. This is seriously a great casserole for a week full of easy meals. *Note* You could easily forgo the cream and rice and have this be a paleo dish too.
Friendly Tip: Do not take for granted the ease of a big cooking dish! Here is a link to the size casserole dish I love cooking meals in to last the week – Large Casserole Dish. <3
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 6 clove garlic, minced
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 4 bell peppers chopped, one of each color or all of the same. Up to you
- 1 to 1.5 pound ground meat
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 C of cheese of choice – I used Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep all of your ingredients and preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cook your onions in oil for about 7 minutes, add the minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Brown your ground beed and strain.
- In a large casserole dish:
- Add your meat and mixture to the dish first, pour over uncooked rice (or you can precook your rice too to save time.) Mix together. Next add your chopped zucchini, and bell peppers and mix together well.
- Cover with foil and place in preheated oven and cook for 30-40 minutes. This is when I added at least a 1/2 cup of cream. Mix well and cook for an additional hour. Turn off oven and mix in cheese, I liked parmesan cheese. Now close the door and let it sit in oven for an additional 5 – 10 minutes before pulling out of the oven and sitting on the counter to cool.