I first made this Pumpkin Roll Recipe 9 years ago and it was hit then just like it was a hit today. This is an absolutely delicious dessert and if you follow my instructions exactly you should have no problem at all recreating the same delicious results. I am going to be honest here, the pictures of a swirl make this look way more complicated than this actually is! If you can make cinnamon rolls then you can make this no problem! This might be even easier since you don’t have to make sure your dough proofs. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this and let me know how your Pumpkin Rolls turn out!
Pumpkin Spice Flavored Cake Roll With a Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour, Sifted
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Tablesppon Cinnamon
- or alternatively 1 to 2 Tablespoon Pumpkin Spice Spice Mix
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 1 8 ounce Package of Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons Margarine or Butter at room temperature
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, sugar, pumpkin and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well blended.
- Line a 10 1/2″ by 15″ Baking Sheet with parchment paper, trimming the excess.
- Pour the batter onto the cookie sheet, spread evenly.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare a linen towel heavily sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- After baking, turn the cookie sheet onto the towel, parchment side up.
- The cake should slide out onto the towel.
- Remove paper and roll up the cake into the towel.
- Cool 30 to 40 minutes
- Mix together powdered sugar, cream cheese, margarine and vanilla. Mix well.
- After the roll has cooled, unroll it and spread the filling evenly.
- Re-roll and chill.
- Slice before serving.